After a while, shifting your perspective may make you pin point the things you want most out of life right now. Are you achieving in life what it is you wanted to? Are you accomplishing the things you really want to do?
Did you notice that the first thing that comes out of your mouth when somebody asked you how you are, when you are honest with them, is always negative? Too often, people complain that things aren’t going their way, They carry negativity with them all the time. Feeling sorry for themselves, down about everything happening in their lives, fearing they will achieve nothing in their lives.
Worrying about the future or struggling with the past, or being suspicious or wary of what’s happening right now, can be a huge obstacle when it comes to the ambition to live your life to the fullest. There are no doubts this will hold you back.
Given the complexity of the issues we each have to deal with in life it’s difficult to point at one particular incident or moment that triggered this way of being. But it doesn’t matter, what does is the here and now, this point you’ve reached where you can change the way you are.
If you want to improve your life, you’ll need to make changes in your perspective. There might be a need to make some drastic changes to see actual results and improvements, but you can also make little changes that can help improve the quality of your life.
Perspective as defined in the Free Dictionary
- A view or vista.
- A mental view or outlook: “It is useful occasionally to look at the past to gain a perspective on the present” (Fabian Linden).
- The appearance of objects in depth as perceived by normal binocular vision.
- The relationship of aspects of a subject to each other and to a whole: a perspective of history; a need to view the problem in the proper perspective.
- Subjective evaluation of relative significance; a point of view: the perspective of the displaced homemaker.
- The ability to perceive things in their actual interrelations or comparative importance: tried to keep my perspective throughout the crisis.
- The technique of representing three-dimensional objects and depth relationships on a two-dimensional surface.
Personal Development means trying to change bad or unhealthy habits into good ones. Take a look at yourself.
Nearly all of our thoughts, questions and worries revolve around events and situations in the past or the upcoming future. The closer you look at it, the more will you realize that only a slight percentage of our thoughts revolve around the present. So why are you allowing yourself to wear blinkers through life. These thoughts and situations prevent you from living life to the fullest.
The key to success lies in the acceptance of what happened and the reconciliation with the past, the opportunities you’ve missed and with whatever you regret. The realization that the only way to change anything in life is to take action now, in this very moment, will further help you to reconcile with your past. Living your life to the fullest, in this very moment, cannot be accomplished when mentally living in the past and continuously visualizing all the golden opportunities you’ve missed throughout your life. Change your perspective to accepting what is, and knowing you can create what will be.
Sometimes we just need a wake up call. Maybe an event that calls upon us to be strong, where we see others struggling and where we can be support to them. A chink of light may break through, a new perspective on how things actually are.
Sudden change may not be a welcome guest when it knocks at your door but it can give us a shock so as to open our eyes and see things as they really are.
Whatever your reason for looking at your life and knowing you need to make changes, when turmoil strikes, or a difficult situation, like the illness of a loved one occurs, ask yourself these questions:
- What can you learn from this?
- In what way is the current situation actually positive?
- What in this situation can you find to be grateful for?
- What are you doing well? What can you do better?
- If you were your own coach, what coaching would you give yourself right now?
- Problems, issues, obstacles, hardships … we all have them. The question is are we looking at them in the right way. Could we change our perspective and therefore get better results from everything?
- Would a change in perspective help you move forward?
Assess what you are going through and how it is impacting your life.
Determine what you could do differently and how it would change things for you.
Wisdom comes from going through trials in our own lives and seeing that we can handle things far better if we looked at these situations differently. , No longer allow your perspective to shroud your vision.