How to meditate
In my last post on the ego I wrote about Ego standing for Edging God Out.
In this post we look at how mediation moves us closer to God and our spiritual side.
I don’t know about you but every time I try to quieten my mind and meditate one of two things happen. I either fall asleep soundly or my mind begins to race at a million miles an hour.
Many people say that there is no right or wrong way to meditate.
Yet I get the impression that I am a long way of meditating properly.
I am reassured as I read Sebrina Reber’s Raise You vibration book that this is perfectly normal.
Yet falling asleep comes quiet easily to me and it does not help me get in touch with my spiritual side.
She goes on to say that it does take time to to quieten down the mind. I have decided it is something that I need to work on so I will keep trying to get it right.
There is a great deal of work to undo and could be impacting on my ability to meditate properly.
The subconscious programming of a life time will try and convince you that you are wasting your time.
It might trick you into believing you are doing something wrong. Don’t allow it to make you think that mediating is something silly, abnormal and a waste of time.
Your egoic mind does not want you to succeed.
The only way around this is to persist and just allow these thoughts to surface and let them go.
Your ego will put up obstacles because it does not want you to bring your spirit into balance with it. In doing so it will lose its power.
It takes time to train your mind to sit in silence.
Here are some meditation tips that could help you
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and make sure you have had plenty of water to drink.
- Lie down or sit up. Divine energy flows through the spine so make sure it is straight.
- Close your eyes and set you intention to connect with your divine self.
- Focus your attention several feet above your head.
- Take a slow deep breath through your nose visualizing white light entering through the top of your head and moving into the center of your heart.
- When you exhale, push this light out through your heart releasing all sadness. stuck energy, pain, insecurity, grief and fear. This light may turn gray as you blow it out from your heart center.
- Repeat 20 times or as many times as you fell comfortable.
This meditation will help you focus on bringing in large amounts of the “breath of life”.
You need to breath deeply because it will help you connect to your still point.
Your breath is the cleansing agent for removing old useless structures, beliefs and stagnant energy. Breathing deeply will lift your spirits and move you into a peaceful state of consciousness.
Deep breathing also raises your vibration level and helps you to connect with the source. Disconnection from your higher source results in suffering.
Breathing deeply will help you remember to reconnect and realign your life with your highest intention.
I’ll keep working on this and provide you with more information as I perfect the art of meditation.